- Attended North Jr. High the year it opened 1959.
- Bob would have graduated from BHS in 1964 but his Dad worked for General Motors and was transferred to Flint, Michigan where he graduated from Southwestern HS.
- Bob worked for General Motors and was drafted into the U.S. Army in 1967. He served two years active duty, one year in Vietnam.
- Bob moved back to Bloomfield in 1969 where he attended college at Montclair State University. He achieved a BA History 1973 and an MA Administration/Supervision in 1978.
- Bob taught at South Jr. High, and BHS where he coached soccer and softball under the tutelage of BHS coaching greats, Jim White and George Middleton.
- Bob then served as Athletic Director from 1981-86. During this time Women’s Sports blossomed at BHS.
- Bob’s career moved him to Morris Hills Regional District as the Athletic Director for both Morris Hills HS and Morris Knolls HS from 1986-1991. He served as Assistant Principal at Morris Knolls until his retirement in 2005.
- Bob is married to Maria (Nicosia) a 1968 graduate of Nutley HS. Maria served as an Elementary teacher/counselor and high school counselor.
- Bob’s sons attended Bloomfield Schools K-12; Eric graduating in 1999 and Matt in 2004.
- Eric is married to Carley (Houck) BHS 2004 and they have a son, George – 4.
- Matt is married to Alicia (Lepore) Roxbury 2006, and they have a son, Anthony who is 18 months and a daughter Eva, a new born.
“I believe the Bloomfield Educational Foundation needs to continue our fundraising to be able to work as a full partner with the Bloomfield Public Schools to meet the diverse needs of our students K-12. How we fulfill these needs will be a measure of our success,” commented Bob.
The need to continue our mission is founded in the work of dedicated and generous members who believe Bloomfield Public Schools are a critical support for our community.