Principal Jennings - Bloomfield HS

Bengal Pride in Educational Excellence Campaign

In 2014, the BEF Bengal Pride in Educational Excellence Campaign pledged $250,000 over five years to support the important programs listed below. We invite you to read the Campaign brochure for more information about the great things your contributions are supporting.

The Helen Flannery ’43 Program for Standard Aptitude Testing (SAT) Preparation Classes for Students

SAT Prep for Bloomfield High School students: All Bloomfield High School students can join in on free SAT classes to increase their scores. Scores have gone up and students are taking the initiative!

In 2014, 28 students took the test. In 2015, that number increased to an amazing 267, with 90% of students seeing an increase of 100 points. The other 10%? They had an increase of 200 points! These points can help the students of Bloomfield get into the college of their dreams, and that’s all we could ever want; success for the students of Bloomfield.

The Anthony Ruvo ’55 Program for Advanced Placement Testing for Students

The AP Test Initiative gives students the opportunity in Bloomfield High School to take their AP tests for free. We don’t believe money should be a constraint for students to succeed. We are here for you!

In 2010, 71 students took 134 tests. In 2014, that number doubled to 142 students took 251 exams! In 2015, 205 students took 388 exams!

The Howard Friedman ’59 Program for Advanced Placement (AP) Honors Institute for Teachers

The AP Professional Development (AP Institute) program helps teachers prepare for the AP test and effectively help their students prepare for the test.

Your donations to this game-changing program over the past 5 years made it possible for thousands of BHS students to achieve admission to the college of their choice and to realize their careers dreams.  Due to the overwhelming success of the program, the Bloomfield Board of Education has included it in their annual budget, where it will be funded for future high school students to enjoy.