Vocational Education Student Training Program (V.E.S.T)

Bloomfield’s special education students in the post-secondary vocational education program (V.E.S.T.) are benefiting from cutting edge technology thanks to a grant from the Bloomfield Educational Foundation (BEF) that provided individual laptops to each student during the past school year.

In 2014, the BEF Bengal Pride in Educational Excellence Campaign pledged $250,000 over five years to support:

The Helen Flannery ’43 Program for Standard Aptitude Testing (SAT) Preparation Classes for Students

SAT Prep for Bloomfield High School students: All Bloomfield High School students can join in on free SAT classes to increase their scores. Scores have gone up and students are taking the initiative!

In 2014, 28 students took the test. In 2015, that number increased to an amazing 267, with 90% of students seeing an increase of 100 points. The other 10% had an increase of 200 points! These points can help the students of Bloomfield get into the college of their dreams, and that’s all we could ever want; success for the students of Bloomfield.

The Anthony Ruvo ’55 Program for Advanced Placement Testing for Students

The AP Test Initiative gives students the opportunity in Bloomfield High School to take their AP tests for free. We don’t believe money should be a constraint for students to succeed. We are here for you!

In 2010, 71 students took 134 tests. In 2014, that number doubled to 142 students took 251 exams! In 2015, 205 students took 388 exams!

The Howard Friedman ’59 Program for Advanced Placement (AP) Honors Institute for Teachers

The AP Professional Development (AP Institute) program helps teachers prepare for the AP test and effectively help their students prepare for the test.

Donations are still being accepted for the BEF Bengal Pride in Educational Excellence Campaign at Bloomfield High SchoolPlease donate today!

Thank You Donors!

Dennis DeCarlo a BHS alum and President of the Glendale Cemetery Association Foundation, presented Terence Mullane, Chairman of the Bloomfield Educational Foundation with a $5000 donation to support the BEF Bengal Pride in Educational Excellence Campaign.